How to send a graphical HTML formated Email
>Home >FAQ >Bulk Emailer >How to send a graphical HTML formated Email
- Login to your web hosting account (site must be live)
- Click green [View Members] button on left menu
- Click [Click here to send a bulk email to your members]
- Click [Create/update/send your monthly newsletter]
- Format this page as if it were any ordinary webpage, but this is your HTML email template
- You can insert photos, link/attach files, etc
- Enter text like [NAME] including brackets, where you want their personalised name to appear. or [EXPIRY] or [REFERENCE] or [PASSWORD] etc
- Save your page
- Click on the [Start Job] tab in the top right
- Click "Search for members from your website mailing list (Bulk Email) "
- Enter any filters, eg by security level or by group or by name.
- Search to see how many members are found.
- If you are happy to proceed, enter a subject and reply address
- Set the email speed, eg 5 emails per minute. (Keeping this speed as low as possible will ensure your email is not detected as a bulk email)
- Click Continue.
- Review your bulk email job list, and click [View] to review the email that will be sent
- When you are happy for the job to begin, click START.
- Sit back and wait while the emails are posted.
- Your job list can be reviewed at anytime. A counter will show you how many have been sent so far.
- We suggest that when you first use the bulk emailer, you should filter by yourself or staff only. Just as a test to get comfortable. When you are happy, expand the scope of the email.
- It is best to keep your email as simple as possible, if it looks or reads like spam, then it probably is. Don't do the hard sell. Keep your emails educational/informerciable... don't have obvious calls to action like "buy now", as they will add to your spam rating. Your first sentence is likely to give the reader a hint as to whether they delete right now, or continue reading...
- A record of each email is kept with the job list, so you can use the same "template" to send future emails if they are in a similar format. eg you only need to change the paragraphs of information and not the other design features of the page.